Saturday, May 22, 2010

When I was a teen, I remember never being emotional or experiencing disappointment over hurt feelings or a broken up friendships, kids are mean and that's no joke. I was a mean bitch growing up. I hurt alot of people in my wake and for that I am truely sorry.
But today I am a totally different person when it comes friendships. I have become very close to certain people over the years and grown to be a very sincere and "emotional" (theres that word again) adult. I prefer it to being mean but it really sucks some times. I am sure someone out there thinks I am crazy in some ways. I have taken my friendships to heart because over the years I have become a very caring and sensitive person. It matters to me...those close to me matter to me.

I guess you can say I wear my heart on my sleeve. My question is, and I ponder on this all the time, when is it ok to be normal (there's that word again). Some people just live life with not a care in the world, is that the way it should be? I truely believe that you need those friends even when you have a beautiful marriage. Is it abnormal to be attatched or just truely care about a friend that your feelings are hurt? When, as a teenager, growing into adult hood, do you seperate emotions to reality, or is there even a rule for that? I am sure I am not the only human being that ever has had these feelings, or ponders the same thoughts. Even as much as I want to distance myself from those who hurt me, in the same breath I still care, wonder how their lives are.

1 comments:

Tayde Lund said...

wow, stuff that makes you go hmmmm? great post:) good to reflect on this kinda stuff!:)

Post a Comment