Saturday, May 29, 2010

I don't want to grill...I always grill

Most women who wear the many hats , mom wife boss student..etc will be able to totally relate to the story I'm about to tell you. In some ways I am glad that we are able to experience these kind of issues (we as in my husband and I) but I hate that we are even at this point to have to have this discussion. I love my life, so please as you red this don't EVER think that I am complaining about my child, husband, life or job. I have everything I could ever dream of...well except my 62 inch flat screen!!!

On a regular work week, Monday thru Friday I get up at 5am stumble to the coffee pot put coffee on get into the shower and wake myself up. Walk to get coffee check my email and of course my Facebook and then do some relaxing/calming YOGA until 6:30 Then i get the kid up..lay out her clothes, make her breakfast while she eats and gets dressed I am off to get myself ready for work. I get her to day care or school (depending on time of year) I go directly to work come home and rush to get out of my work clothes and kick my heels off. I'm exhausted and I just got home. I throw a load of laundry in, get dinner made ...inhale....get the kid in the shower, pjs on bush her hair get her to bed and then do dishes, feed the dogs check the lights outside and in turn them all off in side and finally 8:30 sit....exhale...now get back up and find my assignments for my class and review again what my homework is because even though I looked at it yesterday I don't remember...I'll tell you right now I have a very bad memory. ...then most nights I'm falling asleep with my face in my book.

Weekend comes YEAH..not really...I now come home Friday nights and study..no worries on that, get up early...on saturday.....(sun is bright) jump on computer check email check Facebook, somewhere in there I did make and now drinking coffee...punch out my assignments get up clean the house sit down watch a movie get up clean some more ..allllllllllllllllllllllllll day long..that's if I'm not doing anything work related (like NEXT saturday the 5th!) then I'll clean on sunday

So having said all of this if you all know me you know my husband is a great man..a fabulous husband and most of all an amazing father. So he comes home this weekend for memorial day and we decided we were going to hang out and just relax and watch the race on Sunday....MOM text'd suggesting we grill out on Sunday for the race and I thought that was a great idea, get some ribs...and grill em...hubby said..........

I don't want to grill......I always grill.........I just want to sit down and relax and watch the race!

I said...........Nothing (there was the sound of crickets) Inhale

If you don't know hubby is stationed in China Lake..>Ridgecrest, CA. He comes home just about every 2 wks. He's GEO Bachleoring it'..so to speak. Sooooooooo his day consists of.... get up go to work come home go to sleep..Oh homework before sleep...my bad forgot! .

Now don't get me wrong, he's got a point he's always the grill master but when I pondered on this I started thinking...wow did he really say I want to just sit and relax? I did discuss this with him on a very fair playing field and let him know I thought his was not being fair. However I decided to stop there...I'm going to cook the ribs and make them yummy!!!

Tuesday Kaitlynn (the kid) packs up and goes back to California for the summer with dad. Guess what I get to do this summer...get up go to work come home study go to bed... exhale!

Guess what dad gets to do for the summer ..

0 comments:

Post a Comment