Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Siblings Why so distant?

Last night I spoke with my sister online, we were trying to get video but for some reason the video wouldn't go through, I got to hear her voice. You know I think of my siblings, I have 2 older sisters and 1 younger brother. Most people who know me don't know I even have older sisters. We've been so distant in our lives.

It is sad to me that I am not close to my siblings, even my brother and I have become distant since he went back to PA.He and I have always had a good relationship, never let anything destroy our connection but some how this time it has happened.

I wonder if I am just over analyzing situations sometimes but I love my family and live without my siblings can be depressing at times. Around holidays I get real sad because we aren't all together. I have created a real close relationship with my step-sister Glenda...we talk here and there and also my sister in-law Jordon (who by the way is a brand new mommy today) she is an amazing woman, I am honored to be a part of her life, and grateful she shares her thoughts and considers us all the time.

No matter what my brother and sisters will forever be very important to me...do I wear my heart on my sleeve, yes I do! However, if it matters to me it effects me! It matters to me that my brother isn't a part of our family because of reasons who will ever know! It matters to me that my sister Debbie just can't say I'm sorry and that she might of been wrong? It's ok to be wrong, just own it and learn from it! I'm wrong all the time, it isn't easy to own my mistakes, but I do.

I pray every day my sister Dannette continues to become a stronger woman and continues to make the right choices. I thank god for Keeping my sister Julie safe and her kiddos healthy. And for myself, well I will keep trying...keep learning...and stay open minded. I am not perfect by no means, but my heart is always in the right place! I love you guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment