Sunday, April 8, 2012

Milestones and life changing events

It's never a dull moment in my life stemming from family to friends, there seems to be a never ending line of drama. But in the end you find that it all turns out for the best. You meet new people every day, you find something new out about not only yourself but your children, your significant other your parents....??? What is it in today's society that drives people to do the things they do. Why does an individual decide to be a friend one day then deceptive the next?

It was an amazing experience once where I sat at an event watching all the people who have come in and out of my life at some aspect. Some who I could really not care about, some who have touched me and some well, that's another whole blog. In the last 10 yrs my life has been a roller coaster but I can honestly say I have been true to myself and to others. These people, defiantly not. If some ONLY knew what they have said while their back is turned and I am sure I've been the topic of their conversation.

But as I left I left a bit saddened, there were some I missed laughing with, crying with. Some there were promises made to each other wondering if they were forgotten. It's too bad we've all gone in different directions in our lives that so much precious time gets set by the waste side.

Through all this I have learned to choose my friends wisely. I have learned to quickly learn who I can trust and who I can't, not only in a personal aspect but professionally also. In the last year I have come to treasure those close to me and appreciate the time and laughter we have.

After an experience in my professional life last year I grew thick skin and in some way it was bound to happen. Don't get me wrong, I am the first one to say I made a mistake and GOD only knows I have made those mistakes, but life is short. Get off your pedestal before you fall...if not, I am sure there is someone out there that just might push you off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment