Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ahh the adult son

Today I woke up feeling great. I slept so well last night. I am enjoying this 60 degree weather at night right now. Kaitlynn got some footie pj's and is soooo warm and snuggly!
Last week Max came down to be next to me while I recovered and also help me in the house while I was in this hospital. He was a fabulous help and I am very grateful that he gave up some of his time to help us. Kaitlynn just absolutely adores him so the few times that we do get to see him we appreciate.
On the flip side his my baby and he's an adult and I am not used to him being 21 and able to pick up a beer and drink and stuff. I struggle with not being able to say "umm no". It'll come in time. We are a lot alike so we butt heads sometimes but more than anything I adore my son and wish him will with any path he chooses in his life even if I don't agree with it. Max is very talented to say the least he is working on his music goals and wanting to go to a school that will enhance those skills and hopefully move on to something for a career. I won't deny that it's hard that he's not following our dreams for him but how selfish of me as a parent to hold him back from his.
We love you Max.

0 comments:

Post a Comment